United Way of Rockbridge (UWR) provides a leadership role in improving the quality of life of the people in the cities, towns, and unincorporated areas of Rockbridge County, Virginia by assessing needs, raising and allocating funds for charitable purposes, and ensuring the appropriate use of those resources. These purposes should ensure equity as to education, health, and financial well-being without regard to race, ethnicity, or gender in furtherance of achieving an inclusive community in which there is dignity and equal opportunity for all.
Our slogan, LIVE UNITED, reflects our vision. We believe that as individuals, families and communities we are stronger if we support each other, especially in moments of vulnerability. We provide a way for people to connect and turn their generosity into large-scale good. Our focus is on education, income and health—the building blocks for a good quality of life and a strong community.
Our Core Values
- Accountability - We use data and evidence to achieve informed decision making. We create goals, measure results, and continually work to evolve and improve.
- Collaboration - Our strength comes from our commitment to community stakeholders. We partner with them to create positive change.
- Diversity - We value the collective power of different perspectives and communities. We strive to be inclusive in all that we do.
- Innovation - We address community needs, taking on bold and new strategies that improve lives. We employ creative, innovative and entrepreneurial approaches.
- Integrity - We are trusted stewards for our community. We are honest and transparent in all that we do.
Your Work Through UWR
Learn more about how your gift is used to serve the community here.
View Our Bylaws Here
United Way Membership Status